The following is a list of wonderful books that have been very helpful to many family members of current and past residents of Garden Manor.
Patient Care: A guide to Help Adult Children Provide Care and Support for Their Aging Parents - by Ruth Bathuer
Your Best Is Good Enough: Aging Parents and Your Emotions - by Vivian E. Greenberg
Help! I'm Parenting My Parents - by Jamia Jasper Jacobsen
The 36-Hour Day: A Family Guide to Caring for People with Alzheimer Disease, Ohter Dementias, and Memory Loss in Later - by Nancy L. Mace and Peter V. Rabins
Below are is a list with direct links to affiliated websites to help you in your time of need.
- AARP - American Association of Retirement Persons is a nonprofit social welfare agency which advocates for the needs of mature, elderly citizens of the United States. They have a wide variety of large scale projects, services and initiatives.
- Access America for Seniors - The web site to conduct business with and get information from the government all in one place!
- AGENET - provides a vast resource of information for the elderly with financial, legal, health care and other advice.
- Alzheimer’s Association - The Alzheimer's Association is the world leader in Alzheimer's research and support - advancing research, improving the services and care, creating awareness of Alzheimer's disease and mibilizing support.
- American Health Care Association
- Area Agency on Aging
- Assisted Living Federation of America
- CareGuide - This site offers resources about aging and elder care, ranging from support with daily living, financial and legal information as well as community support.
- ElderNet: A senior's guide to health, housing, legal, financial, retirement lifestyles, news and entertainment information.
- Eldercare Locator - Telephone 1-800-677-1116
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Hospice Patients Alliance
- Medicare - The official US Government Site for people with Medicare
- Medicare Information Center - Medicare's own information center for those needing information on all the services provided by Medicare
- National Center for Assisted Living
National Council on Aging
- Ohio Assisted Living Association
- Ohio Assisted Living Waiver Program
- Ohio Health Care Association
- Ohio's Medicaid Program
- Seniors Search - The only search directory exclusively for over-50 age group
- State of Ohio Ombudsman
- United States Administration on Aging - Office on Aging for your state